If the Norwegian Dictionary is new to you and you don’t have a Norwegian friend around you 24/7 to offer real time translation, you would never know that Norwegian is a North Germanic language of the West Scandinavian branch, existing in two widely used norms. Now all that could change as you quickly and easily learn Norwegian. Thanks to the Norwegian Pretati translation app, you can now have conversations in Norwegian to find out everything about must check out places, the people and the culture of Norway. The Norwegian Pretati translation app has an inbuilt Norwegian dictionary containing over 500 carefully selected survival phrases and words that travelers, businessmen, adventure seekers and enthusiasts will find priceless when in Norway to experience the northern lights, the midnight sun above the Arctic Circle or to visit the world famous Norwegian fjords with its ‘old as the earth itself’ mountains and glaciers.
For each phrase, there is a video of a polished Norwegian native speaker clearly pronouncing each word, plus the equivalent Norwegian script and also the phonetic pronunciation of the phrase. For convenience, these handpicked Norwegian phrases are grouped into categories for the most common travel situations including Getting Around, Eating & Drinking, expressions, Health, Problems, Numbers, Time and Date, Meeting People, Shopping, Money and even the necessary Norwegian survival phrases. Other first of their kind features include the ability to playback each Norwegian phrase in slow mode, mark favorites for quick reference and even copy the phrase to send via SMS or email to your friends. You can quickly share these to your social media circles too. While the app is primarily designed to cater towards travellers’ every day translation needs, it is also a great learning tool for those of you who wish to make learning the basics of the Norwegian language an easy, intuitive and fun thing for you and your whole family!
The Norwegian Pretati app is a onetime download and works completely offline so you never have to worry about expensive international data costs or searching for an open WIFI network. Why not use that time to get yourself a rare midnight sun tan?
- Over 500 essential travel Norwegian words, phrases and expressions, each with Norwegian Script, English to Norwegian Translation, accurate phonetic pronunciation and video clip
- High quality VIDEO and AUDIO for every word and phrase being spoken by polished NATIVE NORWEGIAN SPEAKERS
- Quick SEARCH of all words and phrases so you don’t have to spend time looking for what you need
- Build your FAVORITES list to quickly access the Norwegian phrases and expressions you want to learn or translate
- Audio is optimized for headphones or over your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad speakers
- WORKS OFFLINE so you don't need to be connected to the Internet and pay international roaming charges when travelling. It works on airplane mode too, so you can learn even when you are flying!
- Share the video or the phrase via SMS, email or social media
- SLOW PLAY feature allows you to hear the phrase slowly and clearly to help you get a better grasp of what is being spoken
- High definition graphics optimized for retina display
- A variety of CATEGORIES for every situation like Getting Around, Eating & Drinking, Health, Problems, Numbers, Time and Date, Meeting People, Shopping and Money – this is the perfect Norwegian travel dictionary app around
CONTACT US / SUPPORT
Some users have complained about the sound not playing. Please check to see that the RINGER is set to ON (device should not be on Mute) and press the '+' key on the iPhone/iPad to increase the volume.
We would love to hear from you to improve the app and answer any questions you might have. Please CONTACT US on our website at www.pretati.com